Industry Training and Experience
International Business and Multicultural Communication
- MBA in International Management, Monterey Institute of International Studies, 1998. Masters thesis: Robert Mondavi Winery Expands into the Japanese Market.
- Spanish Language Intensive, Monterey Institute of International Studies, 1998
- Non-Violent Communication Training, Kelly Bryson, author of “Don’t Be Nice, Be Real,” 2006
Food and Wine Pairing/Fine Dining
- Director of Hospitality, William Hill Winery, 1992 - 1993
- Sommelier: Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta GA 1985 1986
- Guest sommelier, Masters of Food and Wine, Carmel Highlands Inn, Carmel, 1993 - 2000.
- Teaching Assistant, Formal Food Service and Wine Appreciation, Cornell University, 1984 1985
Wine Education and Training
- Fine Wine Specialist, American Wine & Spirits, 1993 1998
- Northern California District Manager, The Wine Alliance 1990 1992
- Regional Manager, Spirits & Wine Associates, Atlanta GA 1986 1988. Managed 45 wine brands and 10 spirits brands with 31 distributors in five states
- Bachelor of Science, Cornell School of Hotel Administration, 1985
- Pharr Wine & Cheese Shop, Atlanta GA 1988 1990 High volume gourmet food and wine specializing in small producer and international boutique wines.
Hands On Winery Experience
- Intern, Heron Hill Winery, Hammondsport NY 1984 Harvested grapes, worked in tasting room and bottling line, made sales calls and delivered wine to customers.
- Salesperson of the Year, American Wine & Spirits, 1993
- Winner, Wine Education Program, A year long intensive training course in wine component evaluation and blind tasting, The Wine Alliance, 1992
Clients’ Countries of Origin, To Date:
Additional Entry Markets Covered, To Date: